FREEDOM...TO NEST?

With the students wrapping up winter term at Waterloo, clinic finished last week so they could study for their exams. The spring term doesn't start until May and it took some time for me to decide but in the end, I've chosen to take it easy for these last 3 months and not work.


It has been so awesome! I thought I would be a total couch potato and sleep all the time. Instead, I've actually been more productive around the house than I've ever been while working. I think it's the fact that I don't feel exhausted when coming home and avoid all the things that need to be done.

I've made a list of things on the blog to keep track of my progress - although I'm sure I'm going to keep adding things on there as I go. Some of them are quick/easy and others will probably take the whole 3 months to do. Every time I bring out the list, Alex gets really apprehensive! *laughs* Probably because it means I'm either going to spend more money or he will be roped in to do stuff somehow. I've read about this whole "nesting" behaviour that pregnant women apparently have. It's not suppose to start until the 3rd trimester, but I think it has more to do with the idea that most women continue to work into their 3rd trimester so don't have much time and energy. To be honest, I don't feel as though I'm "nesting", more so it's a logical thing to do cuz once the baby arrives, it's going to be super busy and things that are on the list will never get done.

We also got this really great deal off of Kijiji, 500 bucks and it included pretty much everything you'd need for the first 2 years. Considering how expensive everything is new, we couldn't pass up the chance even though it's still a little early to be purchasing things. We went to a pre-natal fair back in March so got all the ministry checklists for used items, so we made sure it was safe and appropriate before purchasing anything. At first we weren't sure of the quality and thought to negotiate the price but after seeing the items, we were super excited. The previous owner was so sweet too, she started crying when she sold us her things and was super helpful with ideas and advice.

Here's a look at the things we got:

- Storkcraft crib that converts to toddler and then double bed
- Mattress and all baby bedding
- Attachable musical toy
- Greco Car Seat
- Columbia Diaper Bag
- Snugli Front/Back baby carrier


- Playpen with change table, nature sounds and vibrations
- Fisher-price Swing set
- Little Einstein Jumper
- 2 bouncy chairs (one with vibrations)
- 2 potty trainers & 1 toilet seat


- Greco Stroller
- Activity Center
- Diaper disposal
- Bumbo seat
- Nursing Pillow
- High Chair
- Change Pad

We were pretty excited about the high chair (cuz it changes height like an elevator), the play pen (cuz its convenient and vibrates) and the diaper disposal (there's only a slot for 1 diaper at a time to prevent the smell, like a toy on its own!). I washed and wiped everything down with bleach the day we brought it back home. I'll probably need to do it one more time closer to the due date though.

The room's a complete mess; total disaster area right now cuz we just tossed everything that is related to the baby in there. I'm also trying to think of layout cuz we need to have an extra place to sleep for the grandmas when then come over to help. Pretty busy and exciting time overall so far! =D

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

2 Response to "FREEDOM...TO NEST?"

  1. Carrie Says:
    12:39 a.m.

    so what have you left for your family to buy you???

  2. tetley tee says:
    12:17 p.m.

    wow!! looks like you're all set! :) that's a great purchase!